Security Measures and Liquits
Only small quantities of liquids are allowed in hand baggage. These must be in containers with a maximum capacity of 100 ml.
Passenger must carry these containers in a self-sealing transparent plastic bag (20 cm x 20 cm approx), which must be kept separate and available for inspection.
What substances are considered liquids?
- Water and drinks.
- Perfumes, gels, creams, lotions and oils, including toothpaste.
- Aerosols, foams, deodorants and similar in pressurized containers.
- Any substance with a similar consistency may be considered a liquid.
You can buy these items in airport shops (after going through security) or on board the aircraft and carry them as hand luggage.
You may carry medicines and baby food for use during your journey. These should not be carried in the transparent bag and must be presented separately at security.
- Alcohol content may not exceed 70% by volume.
- Alcoholic beverages, when in retail packagings, containing more than 24% but no more than 70% alcohol by volume, in receptacles not exceeding 5 L, with a total net quantity per person of 5 L for such beverages.
Alcoholic beverages containing 24% or less alcohol by volume are not subject to any restrictions, but to the following conditions:
- Beverages shall be in packagings whose total capacity does not exceed 5 L preferably. Sizes for standard packagings are:
- 3 - bottle packaging: 38 x 35 x 11 cm
- 2 - bottle packaging: 38 x 24.5 x 11 cm
- The carriage of amounts over 5 L is subject to UX approval.
- Air Europa does not accept liability for breakage of liquids or fragile items in checked baggage even if transported in special packaging.
Transportation of olive oil on board Air Europa is limited to prevent leakage that could damage or hazard the aircraft.
Olive oil will not be accepted on an Air Europa aircraft unless all the conditions stated below are met:
- Bottled olive oil can be carried as checked baggage only.
- 5% of the bottle must remain free to prevent leakage when pressurized.
- Limited release must be signed at check-in and excess fees apply if the baggage allowance is exceeded.
- The recipient shall be put in a first plastic bag, solid, leak-proof and tightly closed with “zipper-bag” or tied up.
- Next, it shall be put in a second plastic bag, solid, leak-proof and tightly closed with “zipper-bag” or tied up.
- They shall be put in a solid box with protective layer inside (i.e. bubble, foam), taped and identified with a nametag.
- The parcel shall be tagged with the “Fragile” tag.
- Air Europa cannot guarantee the admissibility at customs of any olive oil imported or exported on its aircraft.
- Air Europa will not be responsible for any damage or leaks to food and/or container during the baggage handling process.
Airport security regulations
To facilitate fast and effective security checks, you must:
- Carry all liquids in a transparent bag separately from your hand baggage and place this in the tray provided.
- Remove your coat or jacket and place it in the tray provided.
- Separate laptop computers and similar electronic devices from their cases and put them in the tray provided
Security measures powder like substances
Due to security measures, on flights to the USA, powder-like substances weighing 350 ml (12 oz) or more are not permitted in hand baggage.
Powder-like substances of any amount are permitted in hold baggage. Examples: flour, sugar, ground coffee, spices, milk powder or baby formula, make-up, etc.
Exemptions: prescribed medication, baby formula, human remains and Duty Free products carried in the corresponding STEB (Secure Tamper Evident Bag).
These measures have been requested by the US authorities; for more information, go to: www.tsa.gov
Prohibited Items in Checked Baggage
The use of some electronic devices is regulated to avoid interference with the aircraft's electronic systems.
Use of the following is always permitted
- Electronic watches.
- Hearing aids
Use permitted, except during critical phases of the flight
These items may not be used when the seatbelt sign is lit, during the safety demonstration or when forbidden by the crew.
Computers and peripherals (excluding CD-ROMs and laser printers).
- Electric razors, radios and calculators.
- TV receivers.
The following may not be used
- Mobile phones
- Amateur radio equipment (CBs, HF, etc.).
- CD and DAT players.
- CD-ROMs and laser printers.
- Video recorders and players.
- Transistors and scanners.
- Electronic games and radio (remote) controlled devices.
NEW SECURITY MEASURES ON US-BOUND FLIGHTS
To comply with the requirements set out by the US authorities, as from 29 July 2014 all Air Europa flights flying to/from the United States will be subject to extra security measures in addition to those already in place.
The new security measures affect all electronic devices contained inside hand luggage: mobile telephones, tablets, laptop computers, and so on.
During inspection, security staff may ask you to remove your devices from their cases and verify that they turn on correctly. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to carry them on board.
We recommend you make sure that all of your devices are sufficiently charged to be switched on during inspection, and please be advised that any devices inside a protective case will have to be removed from the case for inspection. If the electronic device CANNOT be removed from its case it will NOT be allowed on board. You are advised that damaged devices cannot be carried inside your hand luggage and will also not be allowed on board.
These new security measures have been ordered by the T.S.A. (Transportation Security Administration), an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security, which manages airport security systems.